Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The pictures you've been waiting for...


I know many of you are wondering, "Why have we not seen any pictures of CISP or Annika's classroom! Isn't that why she moved to Prague?"  Well the time has come.  I have pictures to show and news to tell!  The last week has been jam-packed with new information, so I will do my best to condense and share the important points. :) 

Are you ready for your tour??
Almost there! Perunova 6 is where you find CISP.

CISP shares this building with a Czech preschool and
elementary school.  We use the first two floors.


Imagine walking up a few steps and stepping into the building.
When you look to the left, you can see
the hallway to the office.
You look to the right and see
the hallway leading a few middle school classrooms...

You peek your head in some of the rooms and see the big gym
where we have P.E. and elementary chapel on Wednesdays...
 
                                          

And another room holds a smaller gym with
a basketball hoop.

You walk down the hallway and turn right.
You walk down some stairs and go through a door leading to "The Pitch."
This is where our students have recess each day.
You wander back inside and climb one flight of stairs to the 2nd floor.
                               
You glance to the left and see the creatively decorated hallway
to a few elementary classrooms, the principal's office, and...

The library!  If you were to walk through the room and turn to the left,
you would find yourself in the computer lab.  (sorry didn't get a picture of it)
When you're finished with the computer lab, you meander down
the hall and find to your left a door wide open, welcoming you to
the most important room in the school! ;)

Here you see the chairs of my future forty students....
Haha, just kidding!  We have actually had all our meetings
for teacher inservice in this room, so I haven't been able to set up
the desks and chairs for my students. 

I am so blessed to have a lot of space in my classroom!
Our elementary school is quite small this year; I only have 5 students!
Join us in praying for more students and families to come to our school
I could not believe the Lord's goodness in this wonderful discovery!!
I have really wanted to learn guitar so that my students and I can begin each morning praising the Lord.
I play piano, but it's not exactly a portable instrument.
But God put the only piano in the whole building smack dab in the middle of my classroom!!!
I was awed again by His gracious provision and how much He really does care about the details in our lives!

Miss Harmeling, 5th grade teacher at CISP!

Last week we had two full days of new staff orientation, in which we discussed everything from the school's history, to the daily schedule, to the school's online communication system, to basic tips for living and working in Prague.  I also spent many hours organizing my classroom, going through curriculum, and planning instruction.  There is still much to do, but each day becomes a little less overwhelming.  I am reminded daily that the Lord is good, He will equip where He has called, and His power is always made perfect in my weakness!

Continue to pray for our school!  We are in the process of accreditation and applying for recognition by the Czech government.  It is all a very complicated process, but God is sovereign over all.  He alone can bring about what is best and will bring Him most glory, so to Him we go with our requests!  Thank you for your consistent thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Annika the school looks amazing. Thanks for the tour! That us awesome Go provided a piano for you and your students!!! Good luck with the finalizing and we will be praying for you. Take care Vinny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to get your updates. GOD IS GOOD! 5 students huh?!? Where do I sign John up!!! Ha ha... praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time I got to Miss Harmeling's picture, I could hardly see your beautiful face for tears of joy for God's creative and generous provision of the piano! He knows you. He made you with a unique design and he'll provide to use you, all of facets of you for His great purposes!

    ReplyDelete