Tuesday, August 21, 2012

More Praises!

I have officially been in Prague for a week! 
Just wanted to mention a few more praises that have happened in the last few days!  Couldn't contain the thanksgiving, and I knew I needed to share them...

Unfortunately, I had an issue with the police when I first got here… 
 The foreign police, that is. :) When you move to the Czech Republic, you have to bring your visa to the foreign police so they can confirm that it is ok for you to be in the country.  You have to do go within 3 days of arriving in the country.  My school is fortunate to know a Czech man named Richard who does an excellent job dealing with these things, so I was set up to go with him the day after I got here.  However, I found out late the night before going that I needed some proof of my health insurance, which I had not received and didn't even know I needed.  This turned in a big problem when Richard said I would need something, even a letter from my organization stating I was indeed insured, which, of course, I did not have either.   I tried contacting other members of my organization, but could not get in touch with any of them.  I could do nothing but meet Richard the next morning, explain the situation, and hope for the best.  Our meeting the next day turned out to be fruitless, since I had no way of proving I was insured, but he suggested I try to contact my organization and meet again the following day.  The next few hours were crazy, between our member care person printing out a letter for me, asking TeachBeyond to send me an electronic copy of my card, and trying to find internet to check the status of all these things! But God was working all things out for good!

I pause in this story to discuss the other major praise of this day.  Both resolved at the same time, so I promise this story will connect to the previous one in a few moments!  At the same time all this was happening, I was also trying to finalize a new bank account I opened about three days before I left the U.S.  This was rather difficult because I had to find internet to skype them as well as find a fax machine that could send a signed letter to their office. (fax is very unreliable here)  Again, the Lord provided time at the school to skype the bank and my fax seemed to go through, but I couldn’t be sure until the next day.

Because of the time difference, I had to wait until later in the evening to check up on all the loose ends.  My roommate and I packed up our computers and traveled to a small coffee shop to access the internet.  God is faithful! I skyped the bank and they said they had received the fax and would Fed Ex my debit card to my school asap (it came today, by the way!!! No more foreign transaction or atm fees!!!) Right after this, I checked my email and TeachBeyond had quickly responded with a copy of my insurance card!!! I was so excited and so thankful to the Lord for His provision.  He definitely gets the glory for working it all out.
Getting the email about my insurance card. Super excited!!! :)

But wait, it gets better!  The next day I went with Richard to the foreign police and was able to get everything approved within 30 minutes with no glitches at all!  The best part of this trip was when he asked me questions about my calling to missions.  I was able to share how Christ had changed my life and given me a new heart with a desire to know Him and make Him known.  I also told him that the Holy Spirit has given me a passion to tell others about Christ in places where they may not have access to the truth as in America.  It was such a blessing to share these things with him. 

The list really does go on, both little and big things that God does each day.  Of course, there are daily complications and frustrations, but ultimately, I know the Lord is in control and will accomplish His purpose in each situation.  I am more and more aware each day of my desperate need for Him, and I am humbled to be a part of what He is doing.  Praise be to our great God!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is incredible, Praise God! He is so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful with you for God's faithful provision & providential care of us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete