Friday, August 17, 2012

Praises from Prague



God is good! I kissed my family goodbye at the Raleigh airport Monday night, and 13 hours, two planes, and a taxi drive later I arrived at my apartment in Prague.  Several staff from CISP and my roommate Kristen were waiting to welcome me and help me carry all my stuff!  I am so thankful for the smooth travel and the great help everyone has been here.  The Lord has truly been paving the way for me to come here.  This post will include several pictures of my first few days in Prague, but I also want to include a praise report for the specific things God has done to prove His faithfulness in this time of transition.

First of all, my bags checked through in RDU and were the exact anticipated weights! Additionally, my carry on luggage was not an issue and went through all the way to Prague without a problem, well, except for a few carry on liquid casualties. :) I was also able to sleep most of the way to London, which never happens for me!

Made it to London and now boarding to Prague!


Bus from terminal to the plane.  I can't believe I'm actually going! :)

First sights of Prague


Can you see the Charles bridge in the distance?

A few snapshots from the taxi window on my way to my apartment





The "Dancing Building" :)



Made it to Korunni 14!  This is our entry way

To the right is our closet




The bathroom
The living room and kitchen table

The kitchen.  So excited for all the space to make some delicious food!

First visit to the grocery store.
We got a very thorough tour of every aisle thanks to Ben, a teacher at CISP.
It was quite the cultural experience!

A group from CISP took us to get authentic Czech cuisine and see a few of the sights!
My roommate Kristin and I at the restaurant
                                     

Kate and Melodee

We had a view of the Prague castle from our table.

Becca and Ben

My meal:  duck, cabbage and potato dumplings.  Yum!

Kristen's meal:  bread-like dumplings and beef in some really good sauce
The Charles Bridge
The famous astronomical clock.  So cool!
These are just a few of the many pictures I've taken so far.  God seriously has been so so good.  So many things have just fallen into places and I'm trusting Him for those things that haven't!  Thank you for praying!  Hope to post more pictures again soon!

                                   

3 comments:

  1. Annika,

    We only met the one time you came to ETBC in Morristown, but I wanted to thank you for doing this blog. It's almost like we're there with you, sharing in the sites, smells, sounds!! :) We are praying for your time in Prague and look forward to more updates!!

    ~Lydia Fowler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annika,

    I am loving reading your updates and I am so so excited for you! I will keep you in my prayers!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annika, so glad that you made it safely to Prague. Great pictures! We're praying for you!

    God Bless,
    The Pages

    ReplyDelete