Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Vánoce v Praze!

Vesele Vanoce!
(Veh-sell-e Vah-no-say)
Merry Christmas!

Here are a couple highlights of the Christmas season in Prague!

Making Czech cookies 


My Czech friend, Ola, shows me how to roll out the dough to make the cookies

The finished product. Yum!

Christmas market at Namesti Miru, the square down the street from my apartment

Christmas market in Old Town Square.

We didn't have a Christmas tree, so I decided to make a pine tree arrangement to decorate our apartment

Christmastime in Prague wouldn't be complete without snow!

My students and I sent a "birthday card" to my mom. (Dec. 13th)


Christmas present exchange!  I read the Christmas story to my students.  Every time they heard the word "the" they had to pass the present to the left, and every time they heard the word "and" they had to pass it to the right.  Quite a confusing process, but I think they had fun.  I certainly enjoyed watching! :)


                      Our elementary school had a "snow down" as a reward for reaching our first reading goal- 500 books!  
   Our students were a little confused as to how we would have our snow down when there was no snow on the ground,   
    but we had a other plans...



Our "snowballs"
                                               
Teachers

versus students

Students are going down!

Who knew throwing paper balls could be so much fun!!

The aftermath...
What snowball fight doesn't end in hot chocolate and cookies?
Snow down was a success!

We had to.  Christmas color-coordinated and everything!
Merry Christmas from Korunni apt. 14!

For Christmas/early birthday my friend Lindsay and I went to see the
nutcracker at the National Theater.

The performance was a little strange, but the music was beautiful
and so was the theater.  Such a fun experience!
Although I have missed all the traditional American Christmas events and time with family, I am so thankful for all the new experiences I have had in Prague this month.  It is also amazing to see how Christ's birth transcends all cultures, for God sent Him to bring all men to Himself!  Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment